It's been almost two weeks since my trip back home to Mississippi, so I figure I should update the virtual world on my li'l vacay. My sisters have been planning this trip for a while and I got the pleasure of coming along. I flew with Bridget, Mike, and Henry out of Salt Lake while Jen drove down from North Carolina with her kids. My parents (empty nesters) were super excited to have all of us come to their house, so they pulled out all the stops to make this one-week vacation memorable. And I have to say, the trip was something to remember. Although we mostly lounged around the house, we kept ourselves more than occupied with activities. And here they are....
SWIMMING: The kids couldn't get enough of the pool. Word to the wise, a pool floatie is an excellent way to get in the good graces of your nieces and nephews.
ZIPLINING: Yes, my parents put up a zipline just so they could be the "cool grandparents." Pretty smart idea, I'd say. Everybody got a turn on it, including the two-year-old. I love Gideon's face in this pic.
PETER PAN: We went to Delta Center Stage to watch Peter Pan. It was especially exciting since I did this play (different version) about 10 years ago. I played the crocodile.
LAWN BOWLING: Thank you, Pinterest for this idea. We set up water bottles and used a basketball to knock them over through our own version of bowling.
POPCORN OLYMPICS: A Pinterest idea comes up again. We played games like tossing popcorn into each other's mouths, throwing to see how far we could go, dropping popcorn off the stairs into a cup, and moving them around with toothpicks. The kids were the winners of the games.
WAR GAMES: My nephew has these laser guns that led to an all-out battle between Mike, Caleb, and me (and occasionally Gideon). Caleb and his grandpa played this cannon game in which they shot at each other with rubber bands.
EATING: We did go out to eat on occasion. We went to this Southern cooking place, a fro-yo eat-out, and the new Frostop. Apparently we couldn't get enough of root beer since my dad decided to make some.
PIONEER DAY: Since we left on the official Pioneer Day in UT and couldn't celebrate it, Jen and Lizzy dressed up. We spent that afternoon and evening playing badminton and playing with marshmallow guns during our traditional bonfire.
BRIDGET'S BIRTHDAY: We came out to celebrate Bridget's birthday and that's what we did on the eve of our departure. We gave her a dirt cake for her birthday and made a tiara out of glow sticks. Henry could not be in attendance so this li'l guy took his place.
And that's about it for the highlights! It's always nice coming home and being with the fam. Even if that means going back to the Mississippi Delta ;).
Sincerely,
Sabra


No comments:
Post a Comment