Friday, June 8, 2012

Sincerely a Photographer

So, for those of you who don't know, I think I should say that I've been trying my hand at photography for a good time. It's all amateur stuff, of course, done with a point-and-shoot camera and Picassa. I got into it when I purchased a digital camera during sophomore year, in 2008. Ever since then, I've been hooked. I love seeing things through new lenses--literally! I love how a camera can capture passing moments, and I love capturing these moments through different, creative ways. My expecting sister Bridget approached me last Saturday about doing a photo shoot. She wanted to do maternity pictures after looking through the ones they have on Pinterest. So stealing their ideas (and creating our own), we came up with some fun poses and took tons of shots. So I thought I would post them on here for your viewing pleasure (brace yourself, it's a lot): : I should add that Bridget had her baby later, on Tuesday, June 5th. When we said "Ready to pop," we meant it! Also, to give an update from the last post, I finished the quillow completely by embroidering the baby's name on the pillow part. His name is Henry Michael Morgan. I'd show you my stitching, but I didn't think it looked all that great, and I officially gave her the blanket at the shower. Anyway, that's enough baby talk. Until later! Sincerely, Sabra

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful photos, Sabra! I love the creativity! Now here is your new assignment -- please go and take pictures of our newest family member, Henry! There are some anxious Aunties that LOVE more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabra I love love the pictures! You did an amazing job! I love the artistic eye you have. I'm so glad to have these precious pictures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's cracking Sabe? Those pictures turned out so well! I am so grateful to have you as a sister. You are extremely talented and I am glad we get to mooch off of your talents. See you soon. If you would like to take some more pictures of Enrique, you are more than welcome!

    ReplyDelete